Jian WANG, Ph.D.
Guest Professor and Company Director
Part-time Professor/ Ph.D., Graduate research supervisor in Faculty of Finance
Doctor of Business Administration/ Business School/ Macau University of Science and Technology
Master of Finance /School of Economics/Guangzhou Jinan University
Bachelor of International Economics and Trade /School of Economics / Guangzhou Jinan University
Dr. Jian WANG, holds a Doctoral degree of Business Administration from Macau University of Science and Technology. In 2020, he was employed as a part-time professor of the course "International Financial Theory and Policy" in the Doctoral course of the Faculty of finance. In 2021, he was employed as a graduate research supervisor of the Faculty of finance, City University of Macau. Since 2004, he has worked successively as corporate business manager of Bank of China, Macau. Executive director of the board of directors of a company listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and one of the founders of Macau Cloud Market Digital Technology Co., LTD.
Academic research mainly focuses on international financial theory, RMB internationalization, cross-border financial technology and digital application. In October 2009, he participated in helping to complete the first RMB cross-border settlement business in China, and assisted Chinese banks in Hong Kong and Macau to complete the "pilot" in the field of RMB cross-border settlement innovative products, making outstanding contributions to promoting the internationalization of RMB. He has rich practical experience in international settlement trade of bulk commodities, e-commerce, risk management, cross-border payment, etc., as well as China's RMB cross-border payment policies, laws and procedures. He has a leading edge in the field of cross-border financial science and technology innovation research.
Policy and Theory of International Finance
International Finance Theory
Academic Work Experience
2022- : Distinguished Think tank research member, School of Economics, Jinan University, Guangzhou
2022- : External tutor of International Business School, Jinan University Zhuhai Campus
2021- Graduate supervisor, Faculty of Finance, City University of Macau
2021- : Off-campus supervisor of graduate students in the Department of Finance, School of Economics, Jinan University, Guangzhou
2020- Guest professor of International Finance Theory and Policy, PhD Program, Faculty of Finance, City University of Macau
2019- : Visiting Professor of the "Belt and Road" Research Institute, Hainan University
2019-2021: RMB internationalization Research Expert of Financial Professional Committee of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Cooperation Promotion Association
2018- : Research member of China Silk Road iValley Research Institute
2016- : External tutor of graduate students in Department of International Economics and Trade, School of Economics, Jinan University, Guangzhou
- "Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone" Can Become a Big Stage for the Development of Global Science and Technology Capital and Barter Interactive Ecological Integration”, in Issue 298 and 299 of Macao Monthly, 11-12, 2021 .
- "Become a Pioneer in Innovation of Chinese Financial System ", in Issue 297 of Macau Monthly, 10, 2021.
- Participated in the research project of "Research on Ideas and Measures for Promoting the Linkage Development of Shenzhen‑Hong Kong Boundary Control Points Economic Belt”, 7, 2021.
- "Research on the Audit and Evidence Collection Methods of Third-party Cross-border Payment", in China Market, 11, 2020.
- "Hainan Offshore Finance and Sports Competition Innovation with Chinese Characteristics", in Issue 18, Economic Essentials, 2020.
- "Promoting the development of cross-border financial connectivity between Hainan and Macau by combining the policies of Macau SAR", academic report, 9, 2019.
- "Hong Kong and Macao should be the pioneers of innovation in the development of financial technology in the Greater Bay Area", in TaKung Pao, 7, 2019.
- "Multiple Measures to Build an International Science and Technology Innovation Center to Help the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Take Off", in Guang Ming Daily, 2, 2019.
- "What are the challenges of building the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area into an international technology innovation center", in Financial Times, one of the proposers, 2, 2019.
Current Research Projects
- Research on digital storage with RCEP countries of high value-added commodities with Chinese characteristics
- Strong and weak financial digital new orders